Main Menu

Home Rentals


Vehicles are available through the Fleet Services on a daily basis. We offer sedans, trucks, mini vans, and cargo vans. There are a limited number of vehicles, so contact Fleet Services as soon as possible to ensure availability. Reservations can be made by contacting Fleet Services at 801-581-8155, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Fleet Services has a contract with a rental agency for those times that a vehicle is not available.

University students, faculty, and staff are permitted to use a University vehicle for University business provided they are at least 18 years of age, possess a valid driver's license (which must be presented at time of rental), viewed the Defensive Driving video, and not had more than two accidents within the last 12 months.

A signed Fleet Services Daily Authorization Form must be presented when picking up the vehicle. Vehicles will not be released without payment.

For the field trip waiver form, click here.


  • Sedans $39/day and $.08/mile
  • Trucks $36/day and $.21/mile
  • Mini Vans $58/Day and $.12/mile
  • Cargo Vans $54/Day and $.33/mile

Effective 7-1-2013 insurance deductible will be covered by Fleet Services on daily reservations


Fleet Services has implemented an electronic process for billing reservations. When picking up a reservation from Fleet Services you will need a signed  Fleet Services Daily Rental Authorization Form with a valid People Soft account string. General Accounting has set guidelines for which account codes are valid for daily rentals. Reservation billing will be posted once a  month to people soft. The journal entry will contain the reservation number as part of the description for your reference.


Fuel must be purchased using the GasCard. When you are asked for the odometer reading, please take the time to enter an accurate number. Incorrect entries are subject to fines by the State of Utah at a minimum of $50 per occurrence.

All government vehicles are assigned a State Fuel Network/GasCard. Each individual who has been authorized to fuel a department vehicle must have a personal identification number (PIN). This number is your “electronic signature” for all fuel transactions. GasCard PINs and Fuel Network Directories are available through Fleet Services.

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Fueling Sites